This rule belongs to the
apimatic-process-validation ruleset and states that:
An input API specification can fail to export/transform to the selected format if some parts of the input API specification may not be compatible with the output format e.g. exporting to WSDL/WADL files require a valid server host path available in the input specifications even if that restriction is not imposed by the input format itself. In such cases, you will be required to make some additional adjustments to your input documents to ensure a successful conversion. Another reason why export/transformations can fail is if the export/transformation process ran into any internal issues. You can attempt to fix the input file using given suggestions and troubleshooting tips below or contact APIMatic team for more details.
|API specification could not be exported/transformed to selected format.
- Resolve any specification related errors/warnings to proceed further.
- Ensure that your input file has server information available in the form of an absolute URL.
- Ensure that your file uses valid JSON/YAML/XML.
- Ensure that the file does not contain any circular references.
- Avoid using any special/forbidden characters in your files.
- Ensure that your file does not have any unexpected nulls.
- Contact APIMatic team for more details if you think the input API specification is valid and still failing to export/transform successfully.