This rule belongs to the
insomnia-validation ruleset and states that:
The provided Insomnia file must not contain any syntax/semantic issues and use only valid JSON/YAML. Each property in the file must have a type as defined in the standard.
|Message||Provided Insomnia file is not valid.|
|Broad Category||Basic Structure|
|Products Impacted||API Transformer, Code Generation, Developer Experience Portal|
- Try exporting your file from the Insomnia application again.
- If you've obtained the Insomnia file from a 3rd party tool, try importing it into an Insomnia application first and then export it again.
- Ensure that the file uses valid JSON or YAML.
- Ensure that each element in the Insomnia file has the expected type.
- If you've used environment variables, ensure that a corresponding value for each variable is defined in each environment's data.
- Ensure that an array is not defined as an object or vice versa.
- Ensure that where a number is expected, a string value is not provided, etc.
- For objects, ensure that each property has a correct type assigned to it.