This rule belongs to the
json-validation ruleset and states that:
A numeric property value does not require quotation marks. However, if the value is not a valid number it should be enclosed in double quotation marks to avoid any issues.
|Message||JSON data is invalid as the numeric value could not be parsed.|
|Broad Category||JSON Property Value|
- If the value is a valid number, make sure that it is not enclosed in quotation marks.
- If the value is not a number, enclose it in double quotation marks.
- If the value is quoted, make sure that there is no missing starting/ending quotation mark.
- If the value is quoted, make sure that there are no extra trailing/leading quotation marks around the value.
- Make sure that the property value is properly escaped.
- If there is any extra content before the actual JSON content, remove that.