This rule belongs to the
json-validation ruleset and states that:
A JSON property key is followed by a property value which must start and terminate properly, escaped if necessary and quoted if applicable.
|Message||JSON data is invalid as an unexpected character was encountered while parsing the property value.|
|Broad Category||JSON Property Value|
- If unquoted, try enclosing the value in double quotation marks.
- If the value is quoted, make sure that there is no missing starting/ending quotation mark.
- If the value is quoted, make sure that there are no extra trailing/leading quotation marks around the value.
- Make sure that the property value is properly escaped.
- If there is any extra content before the actual JSON content, remove that.
- Remove any extra content between ':' separator and the property value.