This rule belongs to the
openapi-v3-apimatic-linting ruleset and states that:
A complex schema is one that may use one or more of the following constructs:
properties. Such schema definitions must be added globally in the components/schemas section with a unique name and then referenced throughout the API document with that name. Inline definitions of such schemas are not recommended as for auto-generating SDKs/documentation the names of such schemas are deduced from the parent objects in which they are declared inline. The names deduced this way may not be user-friendly and can conflict with other definitions resulting in name duplication. This behavior can affect your output quality.
|Message||Inline complex schema definition found.|
|Broad Category||OpenAPI Schemas|
|Products Impacted||API Transformer, Code Generation, Developer Experience Portal|
- Ensure you are not using any of these constructs in your schema if it is an inline schema definition:
- Remove the inline schema definition and relocate it to the components/schemas section.
- Define the inline schema globally in the components/schemas section with a unique name. Then reference it using $ref in your current object with a path like '#/components/schemas/<global name>'.
- Ensure that no other inline schemas are defined.
- If you wish to retain the inline schema definition, try adding a
titleproperty in the Schema Object definition with a unique name to improve output.
For More Information