This rule belongs to the
openapi-v3-standards-linting ruleset and states that:
The reference path provided in the Reference Object using the
$ref property must be resolvable i.e. it must be a valid URI (relative or absolute) and should yield the referenced JSON value.
|Message||Unresolvable reference found.|
|Products Impacted||API Transformer, Code Generation, Developer Experience Portal|
- Ensure that the component you are referencing does exist at the given path.
- Ensure that the path to the component is a valid URI (relative or absolute)
- Ensure that if the path is an absolute URL, the URL is publicly accessible, not broken nor hidden behind any authentication.
- If the path references an external file, ensure that the file exists at the given path and is readable/not corrupt.
- Ensure that the reference path is not null or empty.