This rule belongs to the
postman-validation ruleset and states that:
A Postman Data Dump file must not contain any syntax/semantic issues and use only valid JSON. Each property in the file must have a type as defined in the standard e.g. collections in the data dump must follow the Postman v1.0 format. Note also, that only the first collection from the data dump file will be imported/transformed in APIMatic. It is recommended to input a Postman Collection file directly in APIMatic along with any relevant data/environment files instead of using a complete data dump file containing multiple collections.
|Message||Provided Postman Data Dump file is not valid.|
|Broad Category||Basic Structure|
|Products Impacted||API Transformer, Code Generation, Developer Experience Portal|
- Ensure that the file uses valid JSON.
- Ensure that each element in the Postman Data Dump file has the expected type.
- Ensure that an array is not defined as an object or vice versa.
- Ensure that where a number is expected, a string value is not provided, etc.
- For objects, ensure that each property has a correct type assigned to it.
For More Information