This rule belongs to the
yaml-semantic-validation ruleset and states that:
A block mapping is a series of entries consisting of key-value pairs. Key and value of a pair must be separated by a colon
: and a space. There must be no other content between the key and the value.
|Message||Mapping values are not allowed in this context.|
|Broad Category||Mapping Values|
- A (key,value) pair separated with ':' and a space is expected at this point. Any other entity is not allowed.
- Ensure the (key,value) pair is nested inside the parent property with two spaces if it is not a root property.
- Ensure the (key,value) pair is indented properly as compared to other sibling properties (if any).
- Ensure there is no trailing comma after the value.
- Ensure any preceding quoted value in the file was closed properly.