APIMatic announces the support for multiple authenticaion schemes in Python SDKs. With the new design, it has become quite easy to configure multiple authentication schemes per SDK. All of the auth managers are instantiated at the start during the client initialization. After that their relevant auth managers can be used to apply auth schemes per endpoint as required in SDK.
We've updated our SDKs that use OAuth 2 Client Credential Flow to enable automatic re-authorization of the client when the OAuth token is expired.
We have added a new CodeGen setting that allows you to specify a list of words that Code Generation will not split when converting identifiers from API specification to language-specific identifiers. This is useful for declaring brand names such as APIMatic.
E.g. if you provide the words
vmware in your the list,
apimatic_and_vmware, depending on the place of use.
We have added support for adding contact information of the organization maintaining the API in our API editor.
Our Android, .Net, Go, Java, NodeJS, PHP, Python and Ruby SDKs now allow skipping verification of SSL certificates. To do this enable the CodeGen Setting Allow Skipping Certificate Verification and then set the corresponding configuration variable in the respective SDK.
There was a bug in the implementation of the
Plain array serialization formats in Python SDKs. Arrays of models were not being properly encoded as form fields for the two mentioned array serialization formats. The bug has now been fixed.
Please regenerate your Python SDKs to get this fix.
There was a bug in Python SDKs which were using OAuth2.
- When updating the OAuth token, the compiler was trying to set the expiry time by adding an
This bug has now been fixed. Please regenerate your Python SDKs if you're using OAuth 2 to get this fix.
APIMATIC's Python SDKs are now compliant with the PEP8 Coding Style Guide
- PEP8 compliance means that the Python code generated is guaranteed to be of high-quality.
- Python SDKs are written in a industry-standard code style to allow for maximum interoperability.
Re-generate your Python SDKs now for the new changes.
Our API editor and Code Generation engine now supports OAuth 2.0 for authentication in the generated SDKs.
OAuth 2 enabled SDKs will help developers in:
- Obtaining consent from user
- Acquiring access token
- Refreshing tokens when they expire
- Making authorized API calls
You can read more about OAuth 2.0 in APIMatic editor and Code Generation engine here.
APIMatic Code Generation engine now supports polymorphic responses with the help of a discriminator field.
- Discriminator is a field that is used to differentiate between a parent model and models that inherit from it.
- The response is deserialized into the parent model or one of its child classes by inspecting the discriminator field's value in the response.
- Using a discriminator field, you can build leaner models by not having to build unions of fields needed by a polymorphic response.
Check out the Discriminator documentation to get started.